Monday, January 7, 2008

Silent irRegularity and Life

He was learning a lot of new things. Some of them were things that he had already experienced, and weren't really new, but that he had never perceived before. And he hadn't perceived them because he had become accustomed to them.
- - - - - - - -
There was a moment of silence so profound that it seemed the city was asleep. No sound from the bazaars, no arguments among the merchants, no men climbing to the towers to chant.
No hope,
no adventure,
no old kings or Personal Legends,
no treasure, and no Pyramids.
It was as if the world had fallen silent because
the boy's soul had...
- - - - - - - -
"Because I don't live in either my past or my future. I'm interested only in the present.
If you can concentrate always on the present, you'll be a happy man. (newsssflash) You'll see that there is life in the desert, that there are stars in the heavens, and that tribesmen fight because they are part of the human race. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival... because life is the moment we're living right now."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the sabra said...

ahhh these remind me of seminary :)

Fajita said...

Draw
here


Use the empty space above to draw a picture of me making faces at you:-p

the sabra said...

im trying but every time i scroll up or down, the space moves!! its like omg so totally mishug!


(p.s. me? why should u make faces at me?)