Thursday, August 9, 2007

good Night.

You could feel the war getting ready in the sky that night. The way the clouds moved aside and came back, and the way the stars looked, a million of them swimming between the clouds, like the enemy discs, and the feeling that the sky might fall upon the city and turn it to chalk dust, and the moon go up in red fire; that was how the night felt.

"My grandfather ran off the V-2 rocket film a dozen times and then hoped that someday our cities would open up more and let the green and the land and the wilderness in more, to remind people that we're allottted a little space on earth and that we survive in that wilderness that can take back what it has given, as easily as blowing its breath on us or sending the sea to tell us we are not so big. When we forget how close the wilderness is in the night, my grandpa said, someday it will come in and get us, for we will have forgotten how terrible and real it can be. You see?" Granger tunred to Montag.
"Grandfather's been dead for all these years, but if you lifted my skull, by G-d, in the convolutions of my brain you'd find the big ridges of his thumbprint. He touched me. As I said earlier, he was a sculptor. 'I hate a Roman named Status Quo!' he said to me. 'Stuff your eyes with wonder,' he said, 'live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away. To hell with that,' he said, 'shake the tree and knock the great sloth down on his ass.' "

5 comments:

David_on_the_Lake said...

what exactly is faranheit 451..?

also..can u go in order plz?
:-)

Fajita said...

Tis be book. Find in the HS assignment section in your library:')

and, Nope. cuz I just post the things that touch me find them by going through the randomly tucked under pages of the book... you just read them bits. ok?

Fajita said...

whoa, that made no sense:')

Anonymous said...

Wait- I hope you are not one of those people who read bits and pieces of books without reading it all at once in order the way it was written and the way it was supposd to be read. Cuz that would totally get in the way of our friendship...
On a friendlier note, you have kind of intrigued me with these little bits and pieces. I think I'm gonna have to reread this book again...

Fajita said...

got forbit. can absolutely noT get in any way of any friendship. gut:)
and read- im happy!