Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Other people.

Operation successful... so they say:)baruch hashem, baruch hashem, baruch hashem. yay, baruch hashem!!!

I'm quite sure I don't stand alone in feeling quite alien amongst our larger society and even closer circle of people that I know. I've finally been struck with the blessing of knowing that at this point, with all the struggles that I have in my heart and all the ideas and thoughts racing about my mind, they can be fully understood by only one person: myself. That's not to say that there are no people who give advice, share sympathies, support and love. But what of the need for people who will do that and also relate and understand, stimulate and challenge the thoughts and ideas which make up who I am? These people do exist and I'm lucky to have more than one such person in my life. But for those who do not-

I think it is possible to derive real (if not ideal) comfort from simple human touch, even if that human shoulder I'm crying on belongs to a person who does not feel my plight (ew, bad word) at all. I think it takes a strength and acceptance of self and the other person's weakness. I think it is possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! YAY!!!! I am so happy!! Woohoo!!!

Fajita said...

G-d willin to be followed by a complete recovery and no more problems:')

Avi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Baruch Hashem!

...

u are a deep, wise soul
u really inspire me
may G-d be with you always