Thursday, March 15, 2007

Friar Johan Tetzel

hehe, now say that like you grew up in Villiamsberrg. Mamash sounds like he coulda been de shammash fun G-t vaist vu...

He was, in fact. No, not ah Id, but stam ah Christian who came to sell indulgences and raise money for the Basilica of St. Peters... but with a name like that- yah just neva know.
-----------
In the spirit of Jews and Christians, check this:
So there was always this weird understanding that Martin Luther was a friend of the Jews. That notion came about as follows:
He had started questioning the Church and challenging it for being corrupt. The only other people until now, who had never accepted the Church were the Jews. So he looked at them in wonder, saying, "Well by GoD! How DID you know not to convert?? The Insitute of the Church is indeed blah blah blah..." He though that it was so cool that they always knew what he had jsut discovered:)
Howevaaaa, when he made the reconstructed the Church to a Protestant form... and the Jews STILL didn't accept it... well, that's when he wrote this:

THIS will be in the next post, dividing this one in two, in honor of Nemo who has trouble keeping up. Come on, I am jsut so nice:D

13 comments:

Nemo said...

No no, not at all. I think if you would condense {or expand} all of your thoughts into a single post, it would be easier to keep up.

BTW, since we just met in this here blogworld, may I just ask why you're so obsessed with Christians and Jews? Are you one of those Evangelical types?

I heard that the J for J was having a Pesach Seder so I called up. Apparently they don't do the whole non-Gebrokts thing, so I told them I can't make it. So much for being "more Jewish."

Fajita said...

Yip, I know. This, my friend, is called spite...ahhh.

Totally Evangelical, but also up to The Reformation in History I. But yeh, either's cool.

Weird bout the Gebrokts. When I called them about the kind of oil they're using, they said they're stickin to shmaltz. ahnti semitin... they just want us to have heart failure. GUT in himmel!

Anonymous said...

I think there's a blogger called Nemo. And you like Nemo. That's what I think.

[cackle to the ninth power]

Nemo said...

I love ALL bloggers.

Fajita said...

awwww, well ain't the love just flowin tonight...

Fajita said...

and serz? like, all? goshhhh.

Nemo said...

Well, not the mean ones... you know, not those ones that complain about everything from the community to the teacher that hated them as a kid.

Fajita said...

say whu? say why? say huh? say who? say whi? say whoa. say 'night.

the sabra said...

k how bout this-
im nemos pet and he feeds me


(i think i should be cackling to some power or other but i have a completely serious look on my face)

Nemo said...

I don't feed you... I starve you and make you beg.

Fajita said...

Hm, well then. I am sooo glad that's all cleared up! starving and begging. gosh, it sounds like such a wonderful arrangement, I really am truly happy for the two of you!

the sabra said...

so not

nemos lying

Anonymous said...

"Once the coin in the coifer rings, the soul from purgatory springs" - Johann Tetzel